Commenting: An Overly Explained Guide Part 1

1. The first thing you must do to comment is select a post. 

2. To do this, go to the Student Blogging Challenge (SBC) website.  Then, locate the top bar that has various phrases on it (eg., Home, About, Blog Help).  Move your cursor to the right until you are hovering directly over the “2020 Students” page.  Click it.

3. Then, scroll down slowly until you see a blue phrase that says, “list of students.”  Click this.

4. This link should take you to the page with all the students.  Quickly scroll through the list until you find students that are about your age (+/- 1 year).  Then, start looking at the interests column.  When you find a student that has at least 1 interest that is similar to you (whether you put that interest on the form or not), click on their blog URL.

5. If done correctly (the way you click and the URL that the student put in), this should take you to their blog.  Check to see if they have any posts from the last month (from around the start time of the SBC). If they do not, they are probably not the best person to comment on (you ideally want someone who will respond and have a conversation with you).

I hope the first part of this guide makes sense. Since this is clearly a lot to take in, I will continue it on another post.

Readers Comments (2)

1. Margaret,
    Your blog and posts look wonderful! Thanks for working hard on this project. Are you posting a link to your posts on the Student Blogging Challenge form at the end of the weekly challenge posts? That’s how you can be sure that other students in the challenge will visit your blog and leave some comments. Happy Easter!
    Mrs. Schmidt

Reply
    • Hi Mrs. Schmidt-
      Thanks. I have been posting a link on most of the blogs I’ve been checking out (1 or 2 haven’t had commenting spots).
      Margaret

Reply